PURPOSE OF JOB:
To establish and organise efficient manufacturing processes through a program of continued assessment and improvement. To provide facilities in order to achieve quality and output targets in a cost effective manner. To provide a service to Production in technical solutions and manufacturing documentation.
Ensure that cost effective methods of manufacture are used in all departments of the factory.
Specify and order parts and materials for machinery, tooling and maintenance functions
Advise on plant layout, mechanical handling and methods of storage.
Advise and successfully project manage the introduction of plant and machinery purchases pursuant of productivity improvement and scrap reduction.
Assist the Quality department solve manufacturing problems, possibly by means of supplier visits.
Ensure that the shop floor documentation and manufacturing procedures are in place.
Train, guide and assist operators in process operations
Advise the Design and Development department on production feasibility of new product designs.
Advise the design department on new products, so as ensure that they can be made efficiently, without detrimental effect to the products functionality and the personnel manufacturing/assembling the product.
Project manage the design of jigs and fixtures and where possible manufacture them, so as to aid and improve production processes.
Be involved in general maintenance duties/servicing machines.
- You must have previous experience in the use of CAD/Project Management.
Trainee Lighting Design Engineer - South
Are you a Graduate looking a position within Lighting Design? If so we have a fantastic opportunity to join us here at Thorlux Lighting in our Lighting Design Team. Predominantly working from home, you will ideally live in South East London or North Kent / inside the M25, hold a full clean driving license, and most importantly, be professional and a real team player.
PURPOSE OF EMPLOYMENT ROLE:
Design lighting schemes of any degree of complexity with some assistance/supervision from a senior member of the team. Have a good understanding of all matters relating to lighting applications and an ability to communicate well with clients. Providing support to Sales Engineers in the Southern Sales Region and assisting with the general workload of the Lighting Design Department when free to do so.
- Design of lighting schemes, producing reports, layout drawings, calculations and quotations to set deadlines.
- Undertake necessary training in methods, standards and regulations relating to lighting applications.
- Undertake necessary training in the application of lamps, luminaires, and photometric data.
- Communicate knowledgeably, verbally and in writing, with staff and customers on all points identified above.
- To conduct site surveys
- Engage in commercial activities such as exhibition stand duty as and when required.
- Convey a professional manner at all times.
- Assist the Lighting Design Department as and when required.
- Create, maintain and fulfil workload task list.
- You must be a self-motivated individual who is able to work both alone and with others.
- Be confident in meeting clients and maintaining a professional manner at all times.
The successful applicant would predominantly work from home and must have a clean driving licence to enable site visits and survey work.
We offer an excellent range of benefits to include Pension, Company Bonus (after qualifying period) and 25 days flexible holiday in addition to statutory Bank Holidays, and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development exist here at Thorlux Lighting.
Regional Sales Engineer - UK Wide
Due to further expansion, we have a fantastic opportunity within our Retail Lighting team for a Regional Sales Engineer to join us in a UK Wide position.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The principle activity is to develop business with existing customers and to optimise our business potential with them. You will be required to assist customers with the specification and ordering process and to ensure that their quotations and orders are processed quickly and accurately. Visit sites, understand design, quality, technical and logistic issues and to ensure that these issues are communicated back to Thorlux and that appropriate solutions are found. Foundation of our approach is to ensure we deliver excellent customer service at all relevant touchpoints.
- Ensure key account plans are developed with nominated key accounts. This should include a multi- facetted contact structure, SWOT analysis, account strategy and associated.
- Schedule and organise regular meetings with key client contacts, and associated contractors and there supply chain partners.
- Customer satisfaction is key so all customer complaints should be logged and resolved.
- To develop and implement business plans inclusive of customer account plans.
- To maintain customer contact information and to ensure activities and action plans are documented and completed on CLM.
- Liaise with customers to develop a deep routed understanding of any program or project requirements.
- Liaise on a regular basis with your internal sales contact and progress planner to communicate program changes.
Check Thorlux order acknowledgement meets customer expectations and any variances are communicated in a proactive timely fashion.
- Visit sites from time to time before, during and after shop-fits.
- Support the accounts department with query resolution and overdue payments.
- Utilise full life costing elements to differentiate our approach.
- Develop new leads from a standing start and progress through the pipeline funnel to sales generation impacting top and
bottom line results.
- Provide appropriate feedback from the market to include competitor developments, commercial trends, technology developments, etc.
- Attend relevant trade shows, exhibitions, marketing forums, and trade association meetings and to actively promote the company at industry events where required.
If you are looking for a fresh new challenge and would like to work with an employer who offers excellent training, competitive salary packages along with fantastic opportunities for personal and professional development then look no further. For further details please contact Cathy Armstrong on 01527 583200 or e-mail your CV to email@example.com.
Thorlux Lighting, where could your career take you?
Are you are a Lighting Sales driven professional, looking for a fresh new career with an employer who invests in YOU, and offers a fantastic package?.... then look no further. Our ability here at Thorlux Lighting to adapt and develop products utilising revolutionary technology reinforces our position as THE leading technical lighting provider, our Group consists of a diverse portfolio of lighting manufacturers based in the UK, Europe and the Middle East region covering areas of commercial, industrial, cleanroom, healthcare, education, retail & hospitality, road & tunnel and Emergency lighting. For further information please visit www.fwthorpe.co.uk.
Due to yet further expansion here at Thorlux Lighting we are actively growing our Sales force, and we have a number of vacancies available within the following areas:
Oxfordshire / Berkshire and Buckinghamshire
Dorset / Hampshire and West Sussex
Devon & Cornwall
Purpose of role
The principle activity is to develop business with new customers, specifiers, lighting Consultants and end users, the role should provide a consultative approach to our customers, offering support and guidance on their lighting specification requirements leading to an increase in profitable business.
Identify potential clients and requirements in the market and increase sales turnover.
Achieve Sales targets.
Gain knowledge of customer requirements and give feedback to Regional Sales Manager.
To have on going competitor awareness, new products, prices, samples, literature and any other information and to feedback to Regional Sales Manager.
Build and develop relationships with clients.
Achieve a specification and ensure that this is followed through to a successful conclusion.
Liaise with various departments within the Company to ensure satisfactory customer support/backup.
Attend relevant trade shows, exhibitions, marketing forums, and trade association meetings and to actively promote the company at industry events where required.
To carry out any task delegated by the Regional Sales Manager.
We offer an excellent range of benefits to include Pension, Life Assurance, Share Option Scheme, Company Bonus and 25 days holiday plus stats. Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development exist within the group.
For further details please contact Cathy Armstrong on 01527 583200 or e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.