Manchester, United Kingdom
Trinity was acquired by Helical Plc in May 2017. The building is situated in the Manchester’s Central Business District between the traditional city core and Spinningfields.
Built by Edward Salomans in 1865, Trinity was previously named the Prince’s Chambers and was used as a showroom for Lambs Furniture. In the 1990’s it was redeveloped to include a large 30m atrium and additional levels. Helical Plc has worked with award-winning architects to transform the building into TRINITY an exceptionally crafted, Grade A workspace finished to the highest standard.
The building has undergone a full redevelopment, infilling the atrium and adding a new seventh floor. The redevelopment works were completed in February 2019 and the letting phase for the asset has now commenced.
Thorlux Hi-Bar luminaires combined with the Smartscan wireless lighting management system have been installed in the office areas. Slim and elegant, the Hi-Bar combines supreme efficiency and longevity with design flexibility. Installations using SmartScan can deliver energy savings in excess of 70% compared with conventional technology. Integral sensors monitor ambient light and presence, control output to the correct level, dim and switch when there is sufficient daylight and illuminate only when the area is occupied.
Photographs courtesy of Savills
Systems And Services Used In This Project
Lighting management & emergency monitoring